Employment for (1+2) years: initially for 1 year and extended to 3 upon mutually satisfactory outcome of first year
The expected starting date is 01 Dec, 2019 (but can be flexibly negotiated)
Application Deadline: 16 Sept 2019,
Interview week planned first week of October 2019.
The successful applicant will combine 2-person interactive behaviour, EEG, computational modelling of behaviour, and machine learning methods in analysis of EEG to understand and enhance collective decision making in humans. This post is part of our 5-yr European Research Council (ERC) funded project focusing on Overconfidence in Social Interactive Decision Making. The project is hosted by the LMU Department of Psychology, and will start in September 2019. As part of the project, the applicant will join the interdisciplinary research group Crowd Cognition and willwork in close collaboration with Dr. Bahador Bahrami, as well as the lab’s network of international collaborators associated to the project (see HERE).
A graphical description of the project’s research question and main goals is available HERE
The appointee will be expected to
• develop research ideas and plan and implement experiments (ethics, design, programming);
• conduct experiments and collect data from adult human subjects;
• perform statistical analysis (with particular focus on using computational modelling to interpret behavioural and neuroimaging data);
• prepare reports and articles for publication;
• attend regular meetings and contribute to the research environment;
• supervise graduate students and research assistants
• work as part of a team.
The successful candidate will have
The position is for 3 years, with an intermediate evaluation for satisfactory performance at the end of the first year.
The appointment will be made within the German TV-L E 14 salary scheme (family benefits apply). Mastery of the German language is not necessary for the position, and all scientific exchanges are conducted in English.
If interested, please contact Bahador Bahrami (email@example.com) and send your CV, cover letter, and contact details of 3 referees.